Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Friday, February 03, 2006

So Here's Where I've Been...

I’ve been busy” sounds a bit lame, therefore I’m going to catch you up in some detail as to why I’ve not been around as much of late…

  1. I’m looking for a new job. I’ve been meeting with headhunters, interviewing and this week flew to Montreal for more interviews (don’t worry, I’m NOT relocating!). there was a bit of scramble last night as I pulled my references together – I don’t know why I hadn’t done this before as eventually someone would ask for them, but I just wasn’t expecting it to happen so fast!
  2. I’ve been ardently looking for a condo. To BUY. Yikes. I’ve met with the bank, I’m pre-approved, everything is in place, I only have to find the right place. Easier said than done… a one bedroom condo with parking that’s larger than 500 square feet – and not a quarter of a million dollars – NOT EASY TO FIND. That said, I have a feeling about the one I’m seeing tomorrow… (yes, another feeling!)
  3. Work has been extraordinarily busy. Year-end financials, executing the 2006 plan – all things that eat up time like there’s no tomorrow.
  4. Toronto International Film Festival Top Ten Canadian Films mini-festival. I’m seeing my third film tonight and last weekend attended a discussion panel with the Director of Oscar-snubbed Quebec film C.R.A.Z.Y. and Atom Egoyan of Where The Truth Lies.
  5. Concerts! I’ve seen Broken Social Scene, the Constantines & Deadly Snakes, the CBC show at the Phoenix, We Are Scientists and Imogen Heap.
  6. A Play! Soulpepper's Our Town.

Anyhow, things should calm down around the end of February (hopefully!). Although I’ve been less attentive to writing, I’ve not missed any of your postings… You know who you are!

Great weekend everyone


Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 2:44 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------