Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day!



Valentines day has not been one that I've much enjoyed in many years. It's always reminded me of my father - every year as far back as I can recall, my dad would give each of us girls flowers for Valentines Day. For many years, I couldn't even imagine receiving flowers and usually asked to not have them sent to me. I guess it has as much to do with the fact that he was really beginning to slip away from us around this time - it was clear to us at this point what was going to happen. And so, 15 years later, I'm still reminded of this today.

What makes this year different is my approach, I suppose. I'm really taking this year - the year that I head into 30 - as a no-holds-barred great year. That being said, I have no recourse other than to approach today with the same attitude. So in some small tribute to the day and to the memory of dad, I decided to share some of my happiness with those I care about. So... as I write this, roses are on their way to one of my best friends, to my mother and to my grandmother. And I picked up something pretty cool for the boy too...

Smiles everyone!

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 10:21 AM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------