Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?
Tuesday, February 14, 2006Happy Valentines Day!
Valentines day has not been one that I've much enjoyed in many years. It's always reminded me of my father - every year as far back as I can recall, my dad would give each of us girls flowers for Valentines Day. For many years, I couldn't even imagine receiving flowers and usually asked to not have them sent to me. I guess it has as much to do with the fact that he was really beginning to slip away from us around this time - it was clear to us at this point what was going to happen. And so, 15 years later, I'm still reminded of this today.
What makes this year different is my approach, I suppose. I'm really taking this year - the year that I head into 30 - as a no-holds-barred great year. That being said, I have no recourse other than to approach today with the same attitude. So in some small tribute to the day and to the memory of dad, I decided to share some of my happiness with those I care about. So... as I write this, roses are on their way to one of my best friends, to my mother and to my grandmother. And I picked up something pretty cool for the boy too...
Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 10:21 AM :: 5 Comments: ---------------------------------------
Wednesday, February 08, 2006And... We're Done.
So I gave my notice on Monday. Yup, goodbye old company, hello new job! I'm going into a HUGE new job and kind of feel like I'm going to be giving up a TON of time to this. At the same time, I feel like this job is the one I've been planning my whole life for. If I want to be a VP or Director someday, this is the job that will get me there. Yikes. I am so very excited. And nervous. And excited. Gha.
So now, other than being mental with work and trying to wrap it all up - my main concern is this:
Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 11:05 PM :: 5 Comments: ---------------------------------------
Friday, February 03, 2006So Here's Where I've Been...
“I’ve been busy” sounds a bit lame, therefore I’m going to catch you up in some detail as to why I’ve not been around as much of late…
- I’m looking for a new job. I’ve been meeting with headhunters, interviewing and this week flew to Montreal for more interviews (don’t worry, I’m NOT relocating!). there was a bit of scramble last night as I pulled my references together – I don’t know why I hadn’t done this before as eventually someone would ask for them, but I just wasn’t expecting it to happen so fast!
- I’ve been ardently looking for a condo. To BUY. Yikes. I’ve met with the bank, I’m pre-approved, everything is in place, I only have to find the right place. Easier said than done… a one bedroom condo with parking that’s larger than 500 square feet – and not a quarter of a million dollars – NOT EASY TO FIND. That said, I have a feeling about the one I’m seeing tomorrow… (yes, another feeling!)
- Work has been extraordinarily busy. Year-end financials, executing the 2006 plan – all things that eat up time like there’s no tomorrow.
- Toronto International Film Festival Top Ten Canadian Films mini-festival. I’m seeing my third film tonight and last weekend attended a discussion panel with the Director of Oscar-snubbed Quebec film C.R.A.Z.Y. and Atom Egoyan of Where The Truth Lies.
- Concerts! I’ve seen Broken Social Scene, the Constantines & Deadly Snakes, the CBC show at the Phoenix, We Are Scientists and Imogen Heap.
- A Play! Soulpepper's Our Town.
Anyhow, things should calm down around the end of February (hopefully!). Although I’ve been less attentive to writing, I’ve not missed any of your postings… You know who you are!
Great weekend everyone
Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 2:44 PM :: 1 Comments: ---------------------------------------