Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?
Wednesday, January 04, 2006The Year In Review:
Ten Best/Most Interesting things that happened in 2005 (in no particular order)
- Went to Jays Fest and met Shea Hillenbrand, Corey Koskie and Roy Halliday (okay, this really is the best of the best – everything else is in no particular order).
- Flew out to Coachella and hung out in the VIP area (Danny Devito, a Backstreet Boy, Scott Speedman and many more).
- Sat next to Sarah from the Arcade Fire on my flight to LA – later met the rest of the Arcade Fire after being front row(-ish) for their show at Coachella.
- Went to the Mayan Riviera for a week of divine relaxation.
- MC’d my brother’s wedding (then hosted my brother and his wife for a fantastic visit in November).
- Wrote an article about the Stella McCartney collection at H&M for DOSE.
- Sat next to Wycleff Jean and in front of Cynthia Nixon during the TIFF screening of One Last Thing, then met Ethan Hawk. Greektown subsequently iced Ethan Hawk in DOSE.
- Cowgirl got engaged, 615 Windsor got pregnant – if I could have wished for anything in 2005, this would have been it!
- Got invited backstage at a club show of one of our favorite bands (ah, wonder who?), then hung out on their tour bus.
- Generally had a ton of fun with amazing friends and chronicled it all here for you to read. I suspect that the coming year will be more of the same – a girl can only hope!
Thanks for sticking with me. Writing this blog was definitely a highlight. This is going to be a helluva year!
Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 9:50 PM :: 2 Comments: ---------------------------------------