Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Voting is HOT

Hot guys vote. It was like single night at the polling station last night – all these hot guys in suits, doing their civic duty and as such. Yummy.

So beyond the fact that I really enjoyed being at the polling station, I also really like voting. In fact, other than a municipal election back East that took place days before I was moving to Toronto, I’ve never missed an election. Even when traveling abroad, I’ve always managed to hit an advance poll and make it work. There’s such a tremendous sense of ownership and accomplishment over such a really simple act. And despite being none-too-pleased about the outcome, it could have been much worse.

I must admit to being very pleased/relieved to see that turnout was up – it drives me crazy that so many people don’t in any way identify with that responsibility. I also loved being at the polling station and seeing so many people, from all over the world who’ve chosen Canada as their home and don’t take the right to vote for granted. And, at the end of the day, I’ve earned another 4 years (let’s be real here, 2 years) to talk politics without being a hypocrite. Awesome.

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 10:10 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------