Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Monday, January 02, 2006

This is the New Year

It’s a Monday morning, 1130 AM and I’m sitting in my robe, drinking a lovely cup of coffee and psyching myself up for a run. It really doesn’t get any better than this.

I have to say, 2006 – not so bad. Had a great and rather hysterical NYE games night get-together where much food and drink was consumed. Suffice it to say that any night where you get to say “sexual man-juice” and “black leather zippered gimp suit” and make numerous references to vibrators, is invariable a great start to a new year.

That said, I’m glad the holidays are over. Not that I’m in any hurry to get back to work – not so much. However, the holidays were somewhat stressful: driving back to the east coast instead of flying (NEVER again), facing a difficult family situation (somewhat resolved, though not back to normal by any stretch), and the much-dreaded gift exchange with the man. Why dreaded? See if I can explain this… I was scared of being disappointed. I didn’t have crazy expectations or anything, I was just worried that it wouldn’t be a gift that suited me – you know? I, like many of you I’m sure, like to read into this sort of thing – the gift as representative of how well he knows me – that sort of complete ass stuff. Anyhow, I had nothing at all to fear, it turned out – it was perfect.

So with all of the stress behind me and a much more peaceful state-of-mind currently in place, I face the New Year with some resolutions: There are many and definitely evenly weighted…

In 2006, I will:

  • Be in a job that I love
  • CELEBRATE turning 30 (there are already three weeks of celebrations planned)
  • Improve my health situation (read as: take vitamins and fish oil for my heart)
  • Run a half-marathon (hopefully the conclusion to the three weeks of birthday celebrations)
  • Make the tough call (I sometimes like to procrastinate on tough issues – I want to do this less)
  • Go to New York City (and see a Yankees game!)

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 12:00 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------