Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Sunday, January 15, 2006

Imogene Heap looks like Darlene

Have you seen the show Hatching, Matching and Dispatching on the CBC? Imogene Heap looks like the Darlene, the daughter. Yikes.

Anyhow, aside from the scary hair and outfit, Imogene Heap was fantastic. I'll admit (risking the scorn of music snobs everywhere) that I find her cd difficult to listen to - a bit much electronica-vocals for my taste. But Imogene live was a different story... the show was fantastic - she sold out the El-Mo. She had this really cool set-up with a couple of keyboards, a laptop and bunch of mikes. Luckily it was mostly her unadulterated voice throughout the night. The only voice getting under my skin was the crazy Imogene fan standing behind us. I believe he actually said "I will be one irritated bastard if she doesn't play that song." He followed that gem up with "Go ahead! Leave! Now that she's played the OC song! Not like real fans!" Yeowzah.

And what was with the completely bitchy girl in front of us who was MAD at her boyfriend? He kept rubbing her back and offering her a better view and she kept shaking him off. Come on! I'm sure she was mad, but that dude really tried...

Anyhow, I was moderately excited to go to the show. I definitely got my money's worth.

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 10:50 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------