Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Wednesday, December 07, 2005

We're fighting.

Rogers Customer Care
855 York Mills Road
Don Mills, Ontario
M3B 1Z1

December 6, 2005

Dear Customer Care:

I recently had a very unpleasant experience with Rogers. On Monday, November 26th, I signed up online for the Rogers Express Hi-Speed Internet Service. I received my email confirmation of the service and opted to pick up the modem and do the set-up on my own time.

Later that afternoon, I called the Rogers Video store near my home. I indicated to the clerk who answered the phone that I was looking for a Rogers Express Internet modem. The clerk informed me that they had none in stock and would not have any soon. He suggested that I call another store. I asked him if he could order a modem into the store for me. I was told he would not.

Frustrated, I called the Rogers 1-888 number and after struggling through the voice-prompt menu, I finally arrived at a live agent. I explained to the agent that I wanted to pick up an Express modem box and that the store closest to me had none and wouldn’t order one for me. I explained that I was not inclined to start calling every Rogers store in the city to track one down, nor was it convenient for me to wait at home for a technician (I work out of the city). The customer service agent called another store within walking distance and informed me that he had arranged for a modem to be put on hold for me until 8 PM that night.

That evening, I headed out to the Rogers store (in a snowstorm) to pick up my modem. Upon arriving, I requested the Express modem. I was informed that they had no Express modems, only Extreme modems. The agent that called the store had requested the wrong modem. The clerk suggested that I call other stores in the city to find one. Very frustrated, I asked the agent to cancel my order and then left.

Upon my return home, I called the Rogers 1-888 number and again, after navigating the voice-prompt system, finally arrived at a live agent. I requested to speak to a manager or supervisor. The customer service agent insisted that I give all of my personal information first. After doing so, he informed me that no manager or supervisors were available and asked the reason for my call. I recounted my experience. The agent very kindly attempted to accommodate my schedule with a technician, however my schedule and the unavailability of a technician on the weekend made it impossible. I again asked that a supervisor or manager return my call when one became available. I have not yet been contacted.

I have been a loyal Rogers customer for many years. I estimate my personal current year’s spending on Rogers products to be approximately as follows:

Rogers Cable (102.00/month) $1,224
Fido
Cell Phone (minimum of $60/month) $ 720
Two Rogers Magazine subscriptions $ 40
Total $1,984

I am very disappointed with my service experience and the total disregard for customer care. I look forward to discontinuing my services with Rogers as other options become available.

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 11:22 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------