Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Monday, December 12, 2005

I'm still wiped!

Although it started out pretty quietly – pitcher of beer and wings with the Bride (we’re such guys!) on Friday night, followed by Pride and Prejudice (we’re such girls!) – Saturday night was enough to make me still want to crawl back into bed for another day.

The night started off with a trip to the suburbs for my work Christmas party. The highlight? Ah, the beer definitely, as well as the “Yankee gift exchange.” You know – the one where everybody brings a $20 gift and then you can steal or open a gift. Yes, like the Office – except minus the iPod. I ended up with the same gift that I actually brought to the party – Greektown’s H&M gift certificate (I didn’t have time to go and buy a gift, so I stole from my pile). I kept stealing/having stolen a Crown Royal gift box, a German beer gift box and an LCBO gift certificate. Super fun.

From the work party, back into the city (thank God!) where Noogie headed to a few of his parties and I met up with Greektown for a few Jolt & coconut rums before the Jason Colette show at Lee’s Palace. He was, as always, incredible, and it was by far the best rendition of Hangover Days EVER, with the ever-fabulous Emily Haines making a quick guest appearance for the duet. LOVE.

From the show, to our last stop of the night – the Upstairs/Downstairs Party over in Little Italy. We arrived somewhere around 2 AM, just as the crowd was thinning to include all of my favorite people and few others. The rest of the night is a blur, although not without it’s memorable moments…forays onto the front step, the hostess and her tray of cookies and catching up with the girls. I was dragged out of there at 4 AM.

Sunday was not a pretty picture. Surprisingly, I think because I stayed up so late, I wasn’t hung over – just extremely tired because I was woken up at 1030 and forced to be awake. Grrr.

I think the next few weeks are going to be equally swamped. I’m tired just thinking about it!

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 1:17 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------