Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I kind of got a speeding ticket...

I got a damn speeding ticket on Saturday (allow me to re-iterate that I HATE driving in the city), while heading to pick up my sister for a trip to IKEA. The cop nailed me in a speed trap just past a school. Note to all Toronto drivers: it is always 40 km / hr in front of schools. Yeah, I had no idea – it’s not like that out east and I don’t pass any school zones on my way to work, so guess I missed that. So the cop pulls me over and tells me he caught me doing 58km/hr. At this point I had no idea the speed limit in the area was 40 km/hr, so I kind of thought it was funny that he was stopping me for a big 8 km/hr over the limit…

Anyhow, he asks me if I want to come over and see the radar machine because he’s saved my speed in the machine. Of course I want to see this! So he walks me through how the machine works – shows me my speed, shows how far I was from the radar when he caught me. Then he tells me to look through the little window. “See that red laser dot? That’s where your car was when I caught you.” “Maybe this is a dumb question, but the red laser dot is right on the white line between the two lanes. How do you know that you clocked my car?” He smiled. “I guess that’s something you’d want to bring up in court.” Hmmm.

Anyhow, I ended up not being able to find my registration anywhere so he let me off the hook for that, but gave me a ticket for speeding. “Don’t pay this,” he said. “Book a court date, come and see me that day and I’ll give you a break on the points. If you pay the ticket today, you lose 3 points immediately. Don’t do that. I’ll give you a break and all you’ll have to do is pay the $60 fine.” This is like no ticket I’ve ever gotten! So off I went, with my sort-of ticket… That’s the least mad I’ve ever been about something like that…

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 12:56 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------