Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Goddamn what a stressful week!

The last few months and particularly the last few weeks have been crazy busy at work. I don’t know what happened except that I leave late every night and never feel like I’ve gotten everything done.

So all of that aside, my big stress this week has been my grandmother and mother both going in for surgery (at different hospitals). My grandmother was in on Monday and my mother went in yesterday. It sucks being so far away with all of that going on. Luckily my brother is still out East and was great about being the main contact this week.

So, despite being seriously overworked, those nurses are so great about taking a few minutes to bring me up to speed. My grandmother’s nurse was fantastic – I asked her if my grandmother wanted a tv, and I wanted to make sure that she had enough money with her and off the nurse went to double check. It’s such a relief! And the same was true of my mother’s nurse, she had all the post-op details, knew that mom’s therapeutic touch person had been with her in the recover room, etc.

So it seems as though everything went as well as it possibly could and both will be released in the next day or so. My brother will be pretty busy going between their houses, but otherwise, things should be good. And on my end, I’m amazed at how much a person can get done from so far away. It’s the first time anything like this has happened and now I know it’s manageable.
Whew…

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 11:56 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------