Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Another one bites the dust...

What is it with the women in my family? I’m in the minority again, the only one in the group that’s actually dating someone. My baby sister, who started seeing someone around the same time I did, just called it quits – thereby throwing the balance off again. It’s interesting… my mother’s mother has been single since her early 40’s when she divorced her husband. Come to think of it, my father’s mother never remarried after my grandfather died.

I find it kind of fascinating actually, that none of us have settled down. Granted we’re not any of us very old – I’m the eldest and the youngest is nearly mid-twenties. I guess by East coast standards, it’s quite odd that we’re all still single – based on my friends, the average age for women to marry seems to be 23-25. More odd still, is that none of us has that marriage-bug. All of us are for the most part content to do our own thing. Well, that’s not entirely true – the middle sister would like to settle down. I’d like her to pick a gender to date first though…

But unlike the east coast “vetting rituals” (as I like to call dating out there), which involve mostly dating a guy to see if he’s marriage-appropriate, we’re all rather living our lives and fitting the guys in instead of fitting our lives around the guy. Not exactly the norm.

Ah well, I guess I’m used to being odd-man-out in the family – I’m always single when everyone else is coupled up. I do wonder though – will there be a time when all of us are paired up at the same time?

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 12:56 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------