Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Tuesday, July 05, 2005

So I went back East, aye?

So a week of hanging in my old stomping grounds, the good old East coast… Home for meetings at the mothership, I got to spend a few days with my family – grandmother included of course. Plans for my brother’s wedding next week were reviewed, as were the VERY specific (verbatim, pretty much) instructions for my role as master of ceremonies. Love my brother’s fiancée, she takes all the mystery out of my role… right down to the stories she’s “suggested” I tell. Awesome…

So I got all caught up on my favorite East coast things… I no sooner alighted from the plane than I was picking up my mother and dragging her to Pizza Delight for garlic fingers… a food phenomenon only available in the Maritimes. Garlic fingers are essentially pizza dough, topped with garlic butter, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, baked and served with donair sauce. The key is the donair sauce – a garlicky, sweet sauce without which the garlic fingers would be pretty lame.

I’ve yet to discover why pizza joints in the GTA haven’t discovered this amazing product. We basically lived on the stuff during university… coming home at 3 in the morning, ordering pizza and garlic fingers to stave off the hangover. Burger King poutine (fries with gravy and cheese curds) is a sad substitute! I also GORGED on seafood (more on that later) and drank my fill of Pumphouse Brewery ‘Cadian Cream Ale. Yummy! So basically all I did was dig my whole cholesterol hole a little deeper! On the upside, I FINALLY bought some Omega 3-6-9 capsules – yes, out of guilt!

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 12:43 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------