Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The dreaded break-up email...

Over dinner last night, one of my girlfriends mentioned that she needed to find a way to break up with someone (“other guy”) she’s been on a few dates with. Normally, a formal break-up would not be required for 4 or 5 dates, but the guy recently gave a rather impassioned speech about how much he likes her (I’ll say it again… guys are the new girls… Who does this?!), and scared her away. Here are a few of the lines we came up with…

Dear other guy:
Please go away.

Dear other guy:
I hate doing this over email, but I recycled my ex a few weeks back and we’ve decided to give it another try. Have a nice life.

Dear other guy:
I think that we’re on different pages in terms of what we’re each looking for. You’re looking for Mrs. Right and I’m looking for Mr. Right NOW.

Dear other guy:
I’m moving to Cambodia. Kidding! I just don’t want to see you anymore…

Dear other guy:
It’s not me, it’s you.

Dear other guy:
You have the lamest nickname of all the guys I’m seeing. Buh-bye now. Take care… buh-bye.

Dear other guy:
I have to stop seeing you or my husband’s going to beat the crap out of you.

Dear other guy:
If I were seeing someone exactly like you and you at the same time, I think I'd have to break up with both of you. But seeing as I'm seeing just you, I think it's over.

Dear other guy:
I’m not getting what I need out of this relationship. For instance, I need a car… I need a trip to Mexico… I need new Prada shoes…

Dear other guy:
This relationship is a week away from being the longest relationship I’ve ever been in and I’m not looking to set any new records. We’re broken up.

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 12:02 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------