Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Monday, May 16, 2005

I've pulled what muscle??

I had absolutely the best run on Saturday morning… we were rounding the corner of College and Ozzington, maybe 2 kms into our 10 km run and I just knew that it was going to be a breeze. You know when you feel like you could run forever (run Forest, run!)… well that’s how I felt at the end of my 10 km run. Which is something considering I got 5 hours sleep and was a little drunk when my head hit the pillow (poker night on the roof with the boys).

During the last km, as I was running down Bay Street, I started to feel a pain in my chest/back. It hurt to take a breath. By the time I stopped, the pain was really bad. The non-official diagnosis (we have girls with medical training and marathon veterans who’ve seen every injury) was a strained intercostals muscle. Yeah, it’s the first time I’ve heard of that muscle too. No surprise, it’s on my weak side (the car accident side). My first running injury!

So I headed home, downed some food and got right into the NSAIDs (I love Relafen) and started applying heat. I basically slept the entire day – on my back because I couldn’t breathe when laying on my side. Yahun, that was comfortable…

So the weirdest part about the whole thing is that I woke up on Sunday morning and it was so much better. By the time I went to bed last night I felt normal again. Very weird. So I’m still popping pills because the bum neck is a bit twingy, but I actually feel like I could run today. I’m going to try to get into physio anyway, because obviously I need some strengthening exercises, but I’m so relieved that it’s not anything more serious. It sure felt like it on Saturday! So all is not lost, I’ll still be able to kick it at the Run TO (picking up my race kit tonight!).

Looks like an exciting week shaping up… Snow Patrol and Rilo Kiley this week and heading out of town to my very first Toronto Cottage Party this weekend!!! I so love this city. Are you pumped? Are you ready? I’m practicing my part of Don’t Go Breakin’ My Heart (I love that I get to be Kiki Dee!)… Don’t you wish you were coming?!

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 12:30 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------