Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Thursday, May 26, 2005

I Love Cottage Country...

So 601 (and family) invited a bunch of us up to the cottage on Lake Simcoe for the weekend. Being very girly, (I am not a camper) I opted to stay only for one night. I dragged Greektown along for the trip (she’s about as outdoor-sy as I am) and we piled into the car – equipped with the new iTrip Monster cord for my iPod (a totally shameless bribe for Greektown – I promised her dj privileges). We picked up Sporty Spice and the Wanderer on the way out of town and began our long trek out of the city. Yeah, I’m not sure what everyone bellyaches about – it only took us an hour and a half to get to the cottage (about 20 minutes north of Barrie). There was nothing but normal TO traffic on the road. Gotta say, pretty painless... well other than the in-car singing. PS – Wanderer – no more singing for you! It’s not fair that the rest of us suck and you’re a rock star. Boo hiss.

So we arrive, figure out the beer cooler situation and start playing catch-up with the gang that had arrived on Friday. Luckily catch-up is one game I play well. We had a totally sweet set-up, volleyball, badminton, horseshoes, and a game of touch football (I opted out of the last – I already have a broken neck). Greektown and I DOMINATED the badminton court. And by dominated, I mean that no one else dared play with us because who could compete with the amazing ballet leaps and pirouettes, all while hitting the birdy (tee hee) and drinking beer. The photos are hilarious (thanks Sporty Spice, the group photographer). It was awesome!

So after a fantastic steak and a chat with 601’s mother (sub-atomic particles), we got ready for the evening’s entertainment. I’ve been to a lot of backyard parties in my day (the East coast version of the cottage party) but this is the first that had a stage with mic stand and an amp set up… it takes the campfire sing-along to a whole new level. And yes, Sporty Spice and I performed our duet… (several, actually) much to the crowd’s chagrin.

So all in all, a fabulous trip to cottage country! Although the McDonald’s in Shanty Bay seemed to hate me, our Sunday drive back to the city was just as enjoyable because Greektown and I stopped at the Cookstown Outlet MallLevis, Nike sneakers, Reebok running watch, new sunglasses, a featherbed – being hung over and in much pain from the hours of badminton (and possibly from my 10 km run on Saturday morning) did not faze us at all.

Did I say that I love cottage country?

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 8:39 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------