Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Wednesday, April 20, 2005

And I"ll See Them Again... Ambulance Ltd.

So Saturday night we headed to the Mod Club in Little Italy to check out NYC band Ambulance Ltd. We arrived just as opening band Boy was taking the stage and their set was so good! This was my first exposure to Boy and I just ordered them from www.amazon.ca today… (along with Amos Lee, 601, and Kyle Riabko! Hey did you know that Boy has a new CD coming out in May??). So up to our regular spot – front balcony – where we can perch and check the crowd (read as: Greektown drools over shaggy haired boys and I look for the one or two dudes in the whole spot who look like they might own a tie) and where we have an amazing view of the stage.

Now even though I’ve written about concerts before, you all know that I know nothing about the technical aspects of the music… I’m a complete dumbass when it comes to talking about the instruments, etc. What I do know is that the Ambulance Ltd. sounded like an amazing version of their album. I really like their album – and I love them live. This is easily the best show I’ve seen in a long time (excluding K-OS of course). Both bands looked like they really wanted to be there and like they were really into their music (unlike say, the Killers who looked like they’d rather be anywhere else on earth).

The audience was also really into the show, especially my favorite dude… who went from the simple head bob at the beginning of the show to leaning against the front of the stage and pounding on the amps as he rocked out, by the end of the show. This dude is my hero! I love seeing people have that much fun at a show… he must not be from around here!

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 12:04 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------