Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Thursday, January 06, 2005

Smart Girls Stay Single

Was it not just a matter of time before someone did a study legitimizing my very existence?! No, they did not just prove that finding the perfect boots after weeks of intense searching can replicate the feeling of an orgasm (poor Ebola).

The London Sunday Times published an article last week entitled: Clever Devils Get the Bird, by Roger Dobson and Maurice Chittenden. Hello, epiphany. In short, it turns out that men's marriage prospects increase dramatically, the higher their IQ's. Women's do not. And I quote: "For boys, there is a 35% increase in the likelihood of marriage for each 16-point rise in IQ. For girls, there is a 40% drop for each 16-point increase." Ouch!

And yet, not ouch. I no longer have to worry about finding a response to my now favorite question "why aren't you married YET?" or variations such as "aren't you worried that you're not married?" or "you mean, you live alone?" and my favorite, "not into boys?" This very handy study sums it all up... I am too smart to get married.

Here it is: I make enough money to live a very silly lifestyle of amazing restaurants, film festivals, concerts, travel and periodic visits to my married friends out East. I can buy a pair of ridiculous shoes without feeling ridiculous. I can choose my own furniture (did I mention I'm buying all new living room furniture this weekend - I'm a little excited!) and it will not be leather or have gigantic brass tacks on it. In short, I can do anything and everything I want on my own and not have to worry about that eventually leading to marriage counseling. Kind of nice, I think. Smart too.


Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 5:00 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------