Enough About Me... How About You? What Do You Think Of Me?


Thursday, January 13, 2005

The Right Man Need Not Apply

If you’ve been the perfectly behaved, non-wild, serial-monogamist girl all your life and have built up a fabulous world around you – friends, family, career (!) and a stellar social life… is there room for a little harmless and pointless dating fun before settling down?

I hate dating. I’m always either seeing someone seriously or not dating at all. I find casual dating awkward, overly strategic and it makes my head hurt. I just don’t do it. The whole awkward dating / break up / sexual politics / etc of being perpetually single has really never appealed to me. Until now.

It occurs to me that at the ripe young age of 28 ½, that the next person I date seriously might be (dun, dun, dunnn) THE ONE (you, know – THE one – the guy I live happily ever after with – and by happily I mean never getting married and never having children). I’ve put a great deal of thought into this over the last few months as I’ve re-adjusted to being single (post - Ebola) and I’m not sure I’ve given the whole “being single” thing a chance.

Pickings were very (VERY!) slim in my hometown on the East Coast, unlike the plethora (“brackets many” – Saint John Flames!) of available men here (and since we’re at it, why limit myself geographically…). Hmm - It’s like the “last class bash” of dating (shout out to the UNB alum)! Time to date a few wrong ones – fun ones – guys I won’t want to be with long term, and just have a little fun. I think knowing that I’m not actually looking for someone serious takes the ugly out of it. Sounds like a New Year’s resolution…

Posted by Brown Eyed Girl :: 10:23 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------